There are many innovative gadgets, software, and hardware in the market today. And it doesn’t stop there as creativity is as vast as mans imagination. If you were to create a gadget of your own what would it be, what’s its function, the features, specifications, etc. Maybe we could try and form something new as we put other things together (remember the cartoons Voltron, Transformers, and so on).
If I had the ultimate geekinology DNA running in my genes I’d probably create and all-in-one gadget that ultimately looks like a laptop, and how does it work?
1. Detachable LCD screen that turns into an active tablet, then,
2. The keyboard that has a small contraption that holds the “Digital Camera” (of course it could morph into an SLR-like camera once you attach the lenses and all),
3. It would also have its own pocket that disassembles into a small cellphone (yes there’s a tablet and a cellphone in it).
4. It would have a built in wi-fi router that works via SIM (so you have your own wi-fi hotspot (say goodbye to the broadband stick via USB)
5. It would have the usual ports for connecting it to a TV, a printer, USB ports, headset ports, and all ports necessary to turn it into a super computing machine (not sure if the word “Mega” fits better)
6. It would have a huge amount of memory for all those pictures and videos you’d soon be editing on instagram, gimp, corel, adobe, or whichever software program you prefer
7. Hi-speed processor and memory that would be strong enough to run a few HD games (simultaneously!)
8. The capability to attach gaming consoles, charge gadgets off your own battery, copy and print files, and all other small accessories are readily compatible.
9. Top-level security functions, programs and applications that could be nearly unhackable, uncrackable and un-jailbreakable
10. An unimaginable memory storage capacity (bigabytes such as Yottabytes and Zettabytes)
11. And the golden egg of them all, very long battery life.
I think that idea of a “Mutated supercharged morph-a-majig” would steal the show in all-around usage and capability. It would probably be the smartest of the smart, but the most expensive of the expensive. But if you think about it, given the distance of where we’ve gone from the pager, typewriter, paper, films (for the camera), black and white movies, and all those other creations that now some can be seen in museums, collectible galleries, and even treasure chests, this invention/innovation isn’t far away from being a reality.
I actually thought of it since it would be easier to save money to buy this than to buy all other gadgets separately and dump them in a backpack when you need them all. Though this is going to take some long saving up time.
Just in case this does happen, I need to put a copyright to this design. :)