Geektime, contributing to E27;
Facebook, the ever-growing social media giant, has doubled its number of users for its bare-bones product Facebook Lite in less than a year and serves 200 million monthly active users.
The app supports 55 languages and is popular in over 150 countries but mainly in Brazil, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the Philippines. Today it’s being launched in four additional countries: Israel, Italy, South Korea and the United Arab Emirates.
Here’s a description of Facebook Lite;
This version of Facebook uses less data and works in all network conditions.
- Installs fast – the app is smaller, so it’s quick to download and uses less storage space.
- Works on old Android phones – you can use it on older Android phones not supported by the regular Facebook app.
- Uses less data – be more efficient with your mobile data. Save money by using less data.
- Loads quickly – it is our fastest app. Upload photos faster and see updates from friends.
- Works on all networks – it is designed for 2G networks and areas with slow or unstable internet connections.
Android 2.3 or higher