Todd Haselton, writing for CNBC;
Google is paying Apple billions of dollars to remain the default search engine on iPhones and iPads, Bernstein said in a note to investors on Monday.
The firm believes that Google will pay Apple about $3 billion this year, up from $1 billion just three years ago, and that Google’s licensing fees make up a large bulk of Apple’s services business.
Of course, Google will earn more than what they’re paid Apple in return. Just last quarter, the company reported a revenue of $26 billion.
So I’d say that $3 billion (a year) that they paid Apple is all worth it.
Batibot is an educational game for Pilipino kids inside and outside the Philippines. It will help them learn tagalog while having fun.
This is one app that we all should encourage our children to use.
You can download the app here, it supports any iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later.
Most of the features that Apple introduced in the iOS 10.3 will not be useful to me except for the new Apple File System, which focuses on encryption. To get the update, you can go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SOFTWARE UPATE, to get the update.
Here’s the complete release note of iOS 10.3;
iOS 10.3 introduces new features including the ability to locate AirPods using Find my iPhone and more ways to use Siri with payment, ride booking and automaker apps.
Find My iPhone
- View the current or last known location of your AirPods
- Play a sound on one or both AirPods to help you find them
- Support for paying and checking status of bills with payment apps
Support for scheduling with ride booking apps
- Support for checking car fuel level, lock status, turning on lights and activating horn with automaker apps
Cricket sports scores and statistics for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Shortcuts in the status bar for easy access to last used apps
- Apple Music Now Playing screen gives access to Up Next and the currently playing song’s album
- Daily curated playlists and new music categories in Apple Music
Other improvements and fixes
- Rent once and watch your iTunes movies across your devices
- New Settings unified view for your Apple ID account information, settings and devices
- Hourly weather in Maps using 3D Touch on the displayed current temperature
- Support for searching “parked car” in Maps
- Calendar adds the ability to delete an unwanted invite and report it as junk
- Home app support to trigger scenes using accessories with switches and buttons
- Home app support for accessory battery level status
- Podcasts support for 3D Touch and Today widget to access recently updated shows
- Podcast shows or episodes are shareable to Messages with full playback support
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Maps from displaying your current location after resetting Location & Privacy
- VoiceOver stability improvements for Phone, Safari and Mail
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Apple® today updated its most popular-sized iPad®, featuring a brighter 9.7-inch Retina® display and best-in-class performance at its most affordable price ever, starting at $329 (US). Designed for unmatched portability and ease of use, along with incredible performance and all-day battery life, iPad is the world’s most popular tablet and the primary computing device for millions of customers around the world. Through the more than 1.3 million apps designed specifically for iPad, customers can do even more, from learning to code with Swift Playgrounds™ and reading books on the large screen to boosting productivity through Microsoft Office and using multitasking features like Split Screen.
We will soon see or hear rumors of a different type of iPad specially before this year’s WWDC.