Sony today introduced its new revolutionary digital camera, the α9 (model ILCE-9).
The most technologically advanced, innovative digital camera that Sony has ever created, the new α9 offers a level of imaging performance that is simply unmatched by any camera ever created – mirrorless, SLR or otherwise.
- World’s first full-frame stacked CMOS sensor, 24.2 MP resolution
- Blackout-Free Continuous Shooting at up to 20fps for up to 241 RAW and for 362 JPEG
- Silent, Vibration-free shooting at speeds up to 1/32,000 sec
- 693 point focal plane phase detection AF points with 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second
- Extensive professional features including Ethernet port for file transfer, Dual SD card slots and extended battery life
- 5-axis in-body image stabilisation with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage
The Sony A9 SLR will initially be available in the US this 25th of May for $4,500 and in UK starting this June 2017 and priced at approximately £4,500.