Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR, a super-telephoto zoom lens with a built-in 1.4x teleconverter and compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras.
The AF-S NIKKOR 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR is a super-telephoto zoom lens that covers a broad range of focal lengths — from 180 mm to 400 mm — when used with an FX-format camera. In addition, the AF-S NIKKOR 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR is the first NIKKOR lens for Nikon SLR cameras to be equipped with a teleconverter. The built-in 1.4x teleconverter enables extension of the maximum focal length to 560 mm.
Here are the primary features of the AF-S NIKKOR 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR;
- Super-telephoto zoom lens with coverage of a broad range of focal lengths beginning at 180 mm and extending to 560 mm when the built-in 1.4x teleconverter is used
- Built-in 1.4x teleconverter which can easily be activated/deactivated while looking through the viewfinder
- Tripod collar ring that enables smooth switching between horizontal and vertical orientation
- Zoom ring that is easily operated while holding onto the tripod collar
- Adoption of a fluorite lens element and magnesium alloy has achieved a light weight of approximately 3,500 g/7 lb 11.4 oz
- Dust- and drip-resistant structure that prevents dust and drops of water from entering the lens
- Nikon’s exclusive highly durable fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt
- The latest optical design that includes the use of one fluorite lens element and eight ED glass elements for extremely sharp and detailed rendering that is compatible with high-pixel-count digital cameras
- The latest optical design and the use of Nano Crystal Coat enable clear images in which ghost and flare are effectively suppressed
- High maximum reproduction ratios with close-up shooting at telephoto positions (0.25x when the built-in teleconverter is not used, 0.36x when activated)
- The exclusive design of this lens with a built-in teleconverter ensures optimal optical and AF performance
- The VR mechanism offers camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop* increase in shutter speed in NORMAL mode; users can choose from NORMAL and SPORT modes
- Electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism that enables stable exposure control
The AF-S NIKKOR 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR lens will be available in March 2018 for a suggested retail price of $12,399.954.