Apple today released iMac Pro, an entirely new product line designed for pro users who love the all-in-one design of iMac and require workstation-class performance. With Xeon processors up to 18 cores, up to 22 Teraflops of graphics performance, and a brilliant 27-inch Retina 5K display, iMac Pro is the fastest, most powerful Mac ever made. iMac Pro delivers incredible compute power for real-time 3D rendering, immersive VR, intensive developer workflows, high megapixel photography, complex simulations, massive audio projects and real-time 4K and 8K video editing.
The iMac Pro is now available for order, starting at $4,999.
If you are shopping for an pro-grade desktop or want to upgrade your 4 year old 2nd-gen Mac pro, then you may want to take a look at the new iMac Pro. This may not be the Mac Pro that Apple mentioned a while back but the specs and price is interesting enough to be considered as a replacement. One caveat though is that components are not upgradable.
Here’s the first impression of Marques Brownlee;
You can check the full specs here, the starting price of the iMac Pro is $4,999, which makes it a device for prosumer and probably for professional content developers and creators.
Three new ads by Apple; two about Face ID and one about Portrait mode.
Fans of Apple can now buy their favourite Apple products on Lazada, Southeast Asia’s leading eCommerce company.
As an authorised online reseller, Lazada’s customers can choose from a wide range of Apple products including iPhone, MacBook, MacBook Pro, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple TV, Beats by Dr. Dre, and other accessories.
Start shopping this holiday season
Consumers can start browsing this holiday season when the Apple ‘Shop-in-Shop’ on Lazada officially launches today (8th December) in the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore. This will be followed by Malaysia on 11th December, and then in Vietnam.
By shopping on Lazada, customers can choose to pay for their Apple devices through Lazada’s 0% financing instalment plans. Exciting surprises also await Lazada customers looking to score savings from deals offered during the finale of Lazada’s Online Revolution shopping event, the 12.12 Final Sale. More details will be announced later.
The “preferred choice” for global brands
Lazada Group Chief Executive Officer Max Bittner said the Apple ‘Shop-in-Shop’ concept is a testament to Lazada’s reputation as the undisputed and trusted online shopping and selling platform in Southeast Asia. “Lazada is the preferred choice for global brands who, like us, want to drive the explosive growth of eCommerce in Southeast Asia,” said Mr. Bittner, adding: “It also underscores our commitment to give consumers better and convenient access to the world’s best brands and products, especially those from Apple.”
I can just see that a lot of people, who already received their Christmas bonus, are looking into getting at least the 64 GB model.
Chaim Gartenberg, writing for the Verge;
Apple was forced to release iOS 11.2 on Saturday, which was a little earlier than planned, due to a software bug. Now, Apple Pay Cash — one of the marquee features of the update — is being activated for users.
Apple Pay Cash lets users send and receive money directly though iMessages, similar to Venmo or Square Cash. Money that people send you will live on a digital Apple Pay Cash card in the Wallet app, which users can spend anywhere that Apple Pay is accepted, or send to other people. (The new feature is only available in the US for now, though.)
If you updated to iOS 11.2, that means Apple Pay Cash is already on your phone it’s just disabled.
Apple has release the iOS 11.2 update that has been in beta for the past week. The update will introduce Apple Pay Cash to send, request and receive money with Apple Pay. iOS 11.2 also includes some bug fixes and improvements. You can check the complete release notes below for more details.
To update to iOS 11.2, just go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SOFTWARE UPDATE. Device owner with iPhone 5s and later, the iPad mini 2 and later, the iPad Air and later, and the 6th-generation iPod touch are eligible to download and install the update.
Full iOS 11.2 Release Notes;
iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash to send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Apple Pay Cash (US Only)
Send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri
Other improvements and fixes
- Adds support for faster wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
- Improves video camera stabilization
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
- Improves stability in Calendar
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications
Other may disagree but Animoji is the killer feature of the iPhone X.
A fairly small but significant update for iPhone X owners.
No official price and plan for the iPhone X yet? It’ll be interesting how much will Smart and Globe be selling these phone.
The iPhone X is the iPhone that Steve Jobs imagined. He ran out of time to build it, but he built the team that eventually did. Now we’re going to take it apart!
It was great that they place the iPhone X side-by-side the original iPhone.
Apple just release the iOS 11.1 Update, which will introduce 70 new emojis and some bug fixes and improvements.
To get the iOS 11.1 update, you can go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SOFTWARE UPDATE. From there just download and install the new update.
Here’s the release notes for iOS 11.1;
iOS 11.1 introduces over 70 new emoji and includes bug fixes and improvements.
- Over 70 new emoji characters including new food types, animals, mythical creatures, clothing options, more expressive smiley faces, gender-neutral characters and more
- Resolves an issue that could cause some photos to appear blurry
- Addresses an issue that could cause Live Photo effects to playback slowly
- Fixes an issue that could cause some photos to not display in the People album when restoring from an iCloud Backup
- Fixes an issue that could impact performance when swiping between screenshots
- Improves braille support for Grade 2 input
- Improves VoiceOver access to multi-page PDFs
- Improves VoiceOver rotor actions for announcing incoming notifications
- Improves VoiceOver rotor actions menu when removing an app from the App Switcher
- Fixes an issue for some users where alternative keys would not display when using VoiceOver with Touch Typing
- Fixes an issue where VoiceOver rotor would always return to default action in Mail
- Fixes an issue where VoiceOver rotor would not delete messages
Other improvements and fixes
- Adds back support for accessing the app switcher by pressing on edge of display with 3D Touch
- Fixes an issue that caused cleared Mail notifications to reappear on Lock screen
- Fixes an issue in enterprise environments that prevented data from being moved between managed apps
- Fixes an issue with some 3rd-party GPS accessories that caused inaccuracies in location data
- Resolves an issue where settings for Heart Rate notifications were appearing in Apple Watch app (1st generation)
- Fixes an issue where app icons were not appearing in notifications on Apple Watch
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Price for the iPhone X is SR4,399 or roughly Php60,000. The order page said that the expected shipping date will be between 3-16 November 2017.
Both the Apple Watch Series 3 and the Nike+ version is now available in the Philippines. Both model has an SRP of Php19,990 for the 38mm and Php 21,9990 for the 42mm.
Currently, the GPS model of the Apple Watch Series 3 and Nike+ is the model that’s being in the Philippines, Apple may be working out the kinks of the LTE version with the telcos in the Philippines, since it requires cellular connectivity.
iPhone X, the future of the smartphone, featuring a revolutionary new design with a stunning all-screen display, wireless charging and an incredible rear camera with dual optical image stabilization, will be available to customers for pre-order on Friday, October 27 at 12:01 a.m. PDT on apple.com and the Apple Store app.
iPhone X will be available in more than 55 countries and territories, and in Apple Stores beginning Friday, November 3 at 8:00 a.m. local time. Stores will have iPhone X available for walk-in customers, who are encouraged to arrive early.
There’s a reason why they announce the availability of iPhone X two days early; limited stocks and high-demand.
If we don’t see an “i-line” forming in front of an Apple store starting tomorrow, we’ll start seeing “Apple is doom” articles.
Zen Estacio, writing for Yugatech;
Apple recently announced that they’ve purchased, for an undisclosed amount, New Zealand based company PowerbyProxi. The tech giant confirmed the acquisition to New Zealand website Stuff.
It’s not surprising that Apple acquires a wireless-charging manufacturer, since they’ve been preaching about a “wireless” future for a couple of years now. Now that they have the capability to manufacture wireless-charger, we may soon see this (wireless-charging) feature trickle down to their other device like Macbooks.
As indicated on the release notes, the iOS 11.0.3 update will fix audio and haptic feedback issue on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and touch input on 6s if the device is serviced with genuine Apple parts.
As always, you can go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SOFTWARE UPDATE, to get the latest iOS update if you have not been notified yet.
If you’re one of those who hears “crackling” sound that when making a call on your new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, then this is the update that will fix the problem.
You can go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SOFTWARE UPDATE, to get the new update if you have not been notified yet.
Romain Dillet, writing for TechCrunch;
Apple has always shared the kernel of macOS after each major release. This kernel also runs on iOS devices as both macOS and iOS are built on the same foundation. This year, Apple also shared the most recent version of the kernel on GitHub. And you can also find ARM versions of the kernel for the first time.
The source article contain the history of the foundation of macOS, iOS, watchOS and Apple TV. But that’s interesting with this article is that last week, Nikkei Asian Review published an article that gives a hint that Apple may soon switch from Intel to its own chips.
Two industry sources say that Apple is trying to cut its dependence on Intel when it comes to notebook chips and instead build those using ARM architecture, referring to the SoftBank-controlled British chip designer.
Apple is definitely looking into using their own custom chip on all of their products and would be foolish not to, but the problem is that it would take at least 2 to 3 years before they can develop a version of macOS that runs on ARM chips and will have very little effect on the macOS ecosystem.
If they switch from Intel to ARM, they need to change the architecture of their OS and in turn the developers of existing and even new mac apps needs to be re-written for the new architecture and that’s what Apple is trying to avoid or at least minimize.
We all know that Apple makes great and compelling ads, and they also know how to pick great music as well!
iOS 11.0.1 brings hundreds of new features to iPhone and iPad including an all new App Store, a more proactive and intelligent Siri, improvements to Camera and Photos, and augmented reality technologies to enable immersive experiences. iOS 11.0.1 is also the biggest release for iPad ever and adds powerful new multitasking features, a new Files app and more ways to use Apple Pencil.
You can read the full release note of iOS 11 here.
Kudos to the guys at Funny Or Die.
These are the new Controls that you can add to the Control Center after updating to iOS 11.
I like the new Screen Recording and would recon that a lot of Youtube Video will be popping up using this iOS 11 features.
Here are More Controls that you can add.
You can go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Control Center, to add or remove new controls on your Control Center.
This is my new Control Center!
Starting Tuesday, iPhone and iPad customers around the world will be able to update their devices to iOS 11, a major update to the world’s most advanced mobile operating system and the biggest software release ever for iPad. iOS 11 brings augmented reality to hundreds of millions of iOS devices and new professional capabilities improve images in Photos and Camera. Siri is more natural and useful and a redesigned App Store makes it easier to discover apps and games.
Depending on where you are in the world, iOS 11 may already be available for your device. However, before you go and download iOS 11, there are things that you need to do, I cannot stress enough how important item number 2.
The Apple Park is probably one of the most important product that got less coverage compare to the iPhone X.