A couple of updates on the tools that I’m using online. First the browser, Mozilla just release Firefox 57 Quantum. If you are using Firefox, you will probably get a notification to restart the browser to apply the new update, if not then you can download the latest version of Firefox at mozilla.org.
Here’s what’s new, from the release notes;
- A completely new browsing engine, designed to take full advantage of the processing power in modern devices
- A redesigned interface with a clean, modern appearance, consistent visual elements, and optimizations for touch screens
- A unified address and search bar. New installs will see this unified bar. Learn how to add the stand-alone search bar to the toolbar
- A revamped new tab page that includes top visited sites, recently visited pages, and recommendations from Pocket (in the US, Canada, and Germany)
- An updated product tour to orient new and returning Firefox users
- AMD VP9 hardware video decoder support for improved video playback with lower power consumption
- An expanded section in preferences to manage all website permissions
I’m one of the few who still prefers Firefox over Google Chrome, I cannot exactly put my fingers into it but even though it’s buggy at times there just something in Firefox that’s better than using Chrome. You can read the full release notes of Firefox Quantum here.
Next is WordPress 4.9, just got an update and it looks like its more on the performance side than anything else. If you’re using WordPress as your CMS for your blog or website, you can automatically update to the latest version by going to ADMIN > DASHBOARD > UPDATE, just make sure you back up your database incase something went wrong.
To know more about WordPress 4.9, you can go here.