Apple has release the iOS 11.2 update that has been in beta for the past week. The update will introduce Apple Pay Cash to send, request and receive money with Apple Pay. iOS 11.2 also includes some bug fixes and improvements. You can check the complete release notes below for more details.
To update to iOS 11.2, just go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SOFTWARE UPDATE. Device owner with iPhone 5s and later, the iPad mini 2 and later, the iPad Air and later, and the 6th-generation iPod touch are eligible to download and install the update.
Full iOS 11.2 Release Notes;
iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash to send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Apple Pay Cash (US Only)
Send, request, and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri
Other improvements and fixes
- Adds support for faster wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
- Improves video camera stabilization
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
- Improves stability in Calendar
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications
A fairly small but significant update for iPhone X owners.
Apple just release the iOS 11.1 Update, which will introduce 70 new emojis and some bug fixes and improvements.
To get the iOS 11.1 update, you can go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SOFTWARE UPDATE. From there just download and install the new update.
Here’s the release notes for iOS 11.1;
iOS 11.1 introduces over 70 new emoji and includes bug fixes and improvements.
- Over 70 new emoji characters including new food types, animals, mythical creatures, clothing options, more expressive smiley faces, gender-neutral characters and more
- Resolves an issue that could cause some photos to appear blurry
- Addresses an issue that could cause Live Photo effects to playback slowly
- Fixes an issue that could cause some photos to not display in the People album when restoring from an iCloud Backup
- Fixes an issue that could impact performance when swiping between screenshots
- Improves braille support for Grade 2 input
- Improves VoiceOver access to multi-page PDFs
- Improves VoiceOver rotor actions for announcing incoming notifications
- Improves VoiceOver rotor actions menu when removing an app from the App Switcher
- Fixes an issue for some users where alternative keys would not display when using VoiceOver with Touch Typing
- Fixes an issue where VoiceOver rotor would always return to default action in Mail
- Fixes an issue where VoiceOver rotor would not delete messages
Other improvements and fixes
- Adds back support for accessing the app switcher by pressing on edge of display with 3D Touch
- Fixes an issue that caused cleared Mail notifications to reappear on Lock screen
- Fixes an issue in enterprise environments that prevented data from being moved between managed apps
- Fixes an issue with some 3rd-party GPS accessories that caused inaccuracies in location data
- Resolves an issue where settings for Heart Rate notifications were appearing in Apple Watch app (1st generation)
- Fixes an issue where app icons were not appearing in notifications on Apple Watch
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
As indicated on the release notes, the iOS 11.0.3 update will fix audio and haptic feedback issue on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and touch input on 6s if the device is serviced with genuine Apple parts.
As always, you can go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SOFTWARE UPDATE, to get the latest iOS update if you have not been notified yet.
Romain Dillet, writing for TechCrunch;
Apple has always shared the kernel of macOS after each major release. This kernel also runs on iOS devices as both macOS and iOS are built on the same foundation. This year, Apple also shared the most recent version of the kernel on GitHub. And you can also find ARM versions of the kernel for the first time.
The source article contain the history of the foundation of macOS, iOS, watchOS and Apple TV. But that’s interesting with this article is that last week, Nikkei Asian Review published an article that gives a hint that Apple may soon switch from Intel to its own chips.
Two industry sources say that Apple is trying to cut its dependence on Intel when it comes to notebook chips and instead build those using ARM architecture, referring to the SoftBank-controlled British chip designer.
Apple is definitely looking into using their own custom chip on all of their products and would be foolish not to, but the problem is that it would take at least 2 to 3 years before they can develop a version of macOS that runs on ARM chips and will have very little effect on the macOS ecosystem.
If they switch from Intel to ARM, they need to change the architecture of their OS and in turn the developers of existing and even new mac apps needs to be re-written for the new architecture and that’s what Apple is trying to avoid or at least minimize.
iOS 11.0.1 brings hundreds of new features to iPhone and iPad including an all new App Store, a more proactive and intelligent Siri, improvements to Camera and Photos, and augmented reality technologies to enable immersive experiences. iOS 11.0.1 is also the biggest release for iPad ever and adds powerful new multitasking features, a new Files app and more ways to use Apple Pencil.
You can read the full release note of iOS 11 here.
These are the new Controls that you can add to the Control Center after updating to iOS 11.
I like the new Screen Recording and would recon that a lot of Youtube Video will be popping up using this iOS 11 features.
Here are More Controls that you can add.
You can go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Control Center, to add or remove new controls on your Control Center.
This is my new Control Center!
I got the iOS 11 Public Beta 9 a couple of days ago and it looks like the next version will be the GM version.
Since Apple will reportedly have its iPhone launch event on 12th of September, this will most likely be the last beta update that Apple will roll-out. The next update will be the GM version of iOS 11.
Todd Haselton, writing for CNBC;
Google is paying Apple billions of dollars to remain the default search engine on iPhones and iPads, Bernstein said in a note to investors on Monday.
The firm believes that Google will pay Apple about $3 billion this year, up from $1 billion just three years ago, and that Google’s licensing fees make up a large bulk of Apple’s services business.
Of course, Google will earn more than what they’re paid Apple in return. Just last quarter, the company reported a revenue of $26 billion.
So I’d say that $3 billion (a year) that they paid Apple is all worth it.
Batibot is an educational game for Pilipino kids inside and outside the Philippines. It will help them learn tagalog while having fun.
This is one app that we all should encourage our children to use.
You can download the app here, it supports any iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later.
Most of the features that Apple introduced in the iOS 10.3 will not be useful to me except for the new Apple File System, which focuses on encryption. To get the update, you can go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > SOFTWARE UPATE, to get the update.
Here’s the complete release note of iOS 10.3;
iOS 10.3 introduces new features including the ability to locate AirPods using Find my iPhone and more ways to use Siri with payment, ride booking and automaker apps.
Find My iPhone
- View the current or last known location of your AirPods
- Play a sound on one or both AirPods to help you find them
- Support for paying and checking status of bills with payment apps
Support for scheduling with ride booking apps
- Support for checking car fuel level, lock status, turning on lights and activating horn with automaker apps
Cricket sports scores and statistics for Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council
- Shortcuts in the status bar for easy access to last used apps
- Apple Music Now Playing screen gives access to Up Next and the currently playing song’s album
- Daily curated playlists and new music categories in Apple Music
Other improvements and fixes
- Rent once and watch your iTunes movies across your devices
- New Settings unified view for your Apple ID account information, settings and devices
- Hourly weather in Maps using 3D Touch on the displayed current temperature
- Support for searching “parked car” in Maps
- Calendar adds the ability to delete an unwanted invite and report it as junk
- Home app support to trigger scenes using accessories with switches and buttons
- Home app support for accessory battery level status
- Podcasts support for 3D Touch and Today widget to access recently updated shows
- Podcast shows or episodes are shareable to Messages with full playback support
- Fixes an issue that could prevent Maps from displaying your current location after resetting Location & Privacy
- VoiceOver stability improvements for Phone, Safari and Mail
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Apple® today updated its most popular-sized iPad®, featuring a brighter 9.7-inch Retina® display and best-in-class performance at its most affordable price ever, starting at $329 (US). Designed for unmatched portability and ease of use, along with incredible performance and all-day battery life, iPad is the world’s most popular tablet and the primary computing device for millions of customers around the world. Through the more than 1.3 million apps designed specifically for iPad, customers can do even more, from learning to code with Swift Playgrounds™ and reading books on the large screen to boosting productivity through Microsoft Office and using multitasking features like Split Screen.
We will soon see or hear rumors of a different type of iPad specially before this year’s WWDC.